Healthy Eating Facts
Choose Healthy Meals
Healthy food choices impact on your body in positive ways, they provide you with the necessary nutrients and help you keep healthy and energetic.
Here are some tips:
- Keep Hydrated. Drink water. Avoid sodas or sugary beverages. Low-fat or fat-free milk is a good option. Avoid drinks that hace lots of sodium (check the Nutrition Facts on the label).
- Know how much you should eat. Portion size matters. You should try to maintain a healthy body weight so large portions will go overboard with your calorie requirements.
- Know Your Food Groups: you should include food in the right proportions from each food group: Grains, Vegetables, Fruits, Protein, Dairy, Oils, Solid Fats and Added Sugars
- Plan healthy meals. These should include a variety of different nutrients of each food group. Include a variety of vegetables (they are a great source of fiber). Fruits are important too, but remember they do have sugars.
- Reduce salt consumption: spices and herbs can enhance flavor without adding sodium to your diet.
- Read the Nutrition Facts label. Learn what is inside the food you buy. Check fats, sodium, added sugars and calories. Buy smart to eat a healthy diet.
Find Plenty of information on Healthy Eating
The following pages cover all frequently asked questions abouth a healthy diet:
Healthy Eating Plan
A Balanced Diet
Food & Recipes
The pages listed below have plenty of information on diets, healthy foods, nutrition and weight loss
A. Whittall. ©2018. Healthy Eating. Patagonia Wellness, 22 Oct. 2018. http://www.patagoniawellness.com/diet-food/healthy-eating.html
Subject: Healthy eating: combines a wide variety of foods of each food group to give you energy, health and the correct nutrients.